We are very proud of the appearance of all children at Wycliffe CE Primary School. It is our policy that children wear school uniform every day, and we would appreciate your cooperation in this. It is designed to be simple and practical and, above all, gives children a sense of belonging to the school. We also feel that wearing the school uniform encourages a pride in personal appearance.
School Uniform for Boys & Girls
- Black/navy trousers/shorts, skirts or pinafore dresses
- White polo shirts
- Jade sweatshirt/jumper with school logo
- Green and white summer dresses
- Sensible BLACK flat shoes (not trainers)
- On wet days it would be helpful if your child has a pair of indoor shoes to change into to prevent the floors getting wet and slippery. Black pumps are ideal.
For PE, children should wear clothes that are easy to get on and off, so that they can undress and dress themselves.
- Navy blue shorts
- White t-shirt
In addition for outdoor games children will need:
- Tracksuit or jogging bottoms – navy or black
- Training shoes
For outdoor play Reception will need:
- Extra socks
Items can be purchased from Whittaker Schoolwear former Henry Smith (21 Briggate, Shipley BD17 7BP) in store or online at:https://www.whittakersschoolwear.co.uk/product-category/shipley/wycliffe-ce-primary/
OR Natasha Schoolwear (37 Westgate, Bradford BD1 2QR) in store or online at: https://smartschoolwearcentre.co.uk/wycliffe-ce-primary-school/
- Book bags are available to buy through the school AT £5.50 each.
Please make sure that all school clothing, including indoor shoes are clearly marked with your child’s name.
We encourage children to take pride in their personal appearance and have regard for standards of personal hygiene.
- Full school uniform must be worn daily.
- All children’s hair should be neat and not restrict vision. Coloured hair bands should be restricted to dark colours. Long hair must be tied back at all times for health and safety reasons.
- No jewellery of any description may be worn in school, except small studs in the lobe of the ear. It is expected that children will remove studs for PE, or will bring surgical tape to cover them.
- Watches may be worn, but are the responsibility of the wearer, and must be removed for all PE and games activities.
- Nail varnish is not permitted.